somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Living in Asia

I'm sure there are a thousand "you know you're in Asia when..." variations but I had a good example this afternoon.

I was in the local market getting my hair washed & cut. As I was lying down in the comfortable chair there were four faces looking down at me. Three were Khmer faces (one washing my hair, one holding the hose and one just looking) and one was the ghecko who stared at me from his/ her prime position of the ceiling.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good news is that of 'all the geckos I've even known" only one has lost his grip and fallen on me:)

    Have a blessed Sunday, Marsha

     
  • At 5:17 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Further to Marsha's comment.... If it had been a rat on a beam across the ceiling (as in the Solomon Islands) and it fell through a rotating fan, it would have given a new meaning to the phrase 'rats' tails in your hair'.

    Glad it was only a gecko.
    Mum

     
  • At 7:16 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi there Pip!
    Have been out of it for a while. So enjoy reading your blog when I can. You make me laugh and you challenge me.
    Luke and Kym send their love as do the whole family.
    Jen B.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home