somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, October 16, 2009

sticky cardboard, frenzied screams

I've become the resident rat-catcher. It's not something I'm particularly proud of but it is necessary. My chosen method of murdering these creatures is: sticky glue + several squares of cardboard left overnight on the kitchen floor.

The instructions on the sticky glue tell me:

The sticking of rats takes only a short while, the caught rat will give a frenzy scream, drawing other curious rats into the trap.

Once caught, the rats hair, which is sticking on the sticking plank should be burned....

I'm sure burning is hygienic but I can't bring myself to cremate the living, wriggling things. So I put another piece of cardboard on top of them, hold my breath and smack them with a hammer. Enough said. It's all gross.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:32 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Enough said. It's all gross". Very, very funny! Thanks! Ali ;)

     
  • At 9:26 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    .............. I am having this mental picture of Pip smacking...

    WOW~~~

    Alanis

     
  • At 10:12 am , Blogger Lisa said...

    Ah Pip. I too am the resident mouse killer and I use exactly the same technique! Although I only ever find one mouse on the mat at a time... I think the squealing only attracts small children with weepy hearts and curious fingers.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home