somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

a compliment

On Thursday night I stayed in Phnom Penh. As Gretch & I came home and entered the front gate of her apartment we were met by half a dozen kids with a dozen arms wanting to give & receive hugs and a dozen legs jumping about excitedly. (I'm told this is a daily event!) I watched for a moment, then started asking the kids some simple questions about themselves. The eldest girl stared at me with a puzzled look on her face. She grabbed Gretchen again and asked, "Is she Khmer?" Oh happy day! Yay for the 12-year-old who wondered if I was one of her own people!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YAY for your faithfullness in living here and in continually learning and growing. You are a great witness to a great God, Pip.

     
  • At 5:10 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh wow! That is special! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home