somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, July 30, 2012

I trust them









Last week we had three days of training with new football coaches, referees and volunteers. Most of them had been chosen by their coaches to come and are 13-17 years old. It was inspiring to see their enthusiasm as they came to be equipped not just to play football, but to serve and lead.


Some of the guys who came are Christians and they are encouraged to share faith with others in their teams. With hundreds of youth participating in our programs, someone asked me over the weekend if I was worried that maybe these young guys would teach things that are wrong or incorrect? I replied, "No problem. They teach what they know about Jesus out of love and that's okay by me."


My friend asked again, "So you're not worried if they teach something that is wrong?" Nope! I trust them. I trust their hearts. I trust that the Holy Spirit is able to lead them and the football players who are seeking the truth. I trust that as leaders and players understand the Scriptures they will learn more. I trust that as they're integrated into communities of faith they will grow.


These new coaches are young. They're raw. They will make some mistakes. And that is all okay by me. 

1 Comments:

  • At 6:12 pm , Anonymous Damon said...

    I love the way you think and move in life with regards to the people you work with.
    We should all trust God a lot more to work in the lives of people.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home