somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Chinese New Year Gluttons

Yesterday the South China Morning Post reported that over 600 children visited doctors in Tianjin Children's Hospital during the past week for "illnesses related to Lunar New Year festivities". Their dire illness? These kids ate too many snacks and suffered from indigestion!

Having just left Hong Kong I can relate to their struggles. Over the past week I've eaten Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese and Western style food. Yesterday morning I feasted on French cheeses, toast, jam and coffee for breakfast before moving on to pancakes (with more coffee) for brunch.

The past week has been a great time to relax and eat too much with friends in HK. Fortunately my case of gluttony hasn't required hospitlisation.... if my time in HK had been two weeks instead of one, however, I might just be another sad statistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home