somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Five Signs

I know I'm starting to feel at home when:

1. I fall asleep thinking about how good it will be to eat rice again for breakfast.
2. I forget which side of the road the traffic is supposed to be on.
3. I turn around when someone speaks my Khmer name.
4. A long bus trip seems strangely quiet without Karaoke.
5. I think a $5 dinner is expensive.

MOJ (moment of joy) for the day: seeing that Britney T-shirts are still being worn...by both sexes!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:33 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was at a meeting yesterday when someone took out a container of boiled rice and a packet of sultanas, mixed them together and ate them for lunch. Is this the Sydney take on Asian food?

     
  • At 10:49 am , Blogger pip said...

    Yeah I think so. I'm not sure that sweet rice is very popular here...except perhaps when it is ground rice & then it is OK to use it to make sweets...

     
  • At 8:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's amazing - to feel at home so quickly! But I also enjoyed rice (sticky rice) this morning (Easter Sunday) at a friend's village.

     
  • At 1:18 pm , Blogger pip said...

    heya-
    This sounds like Ali? Good to hear you aren't missing out on your rice quota either : )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home