somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Catching Up

I've been out of Phnom Penh for the past couple of nights, so it was good to pick up a copy of The Cambodia Daily this evening and catch up on some local news. One particular story caught my attention:

Lightening Kills Eleven Cows and Oxen in Pursat

Lightening killed seven cows and four oxen in Pursat province on Monday evening, police said Tuesday. Police chief, Bin Vanna said, "These animals belonged to a farmer in the village."

Sen Savann, advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Tea Banh said meat from animals killed by lightening is safe for human consumption.

Just thought I would pass on this handy reminder.... And if one of your oxen happens to be zapped by mother nature, please do send me an email. BBQ? Curry? I'll bring the beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home