somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekend Top 10

Every now and then I need to give myself a push to exercise again. There are heaps of reasons not to… (see list below) but I usually feel good afterwards. Recent rainy-season experiments have included doing Pilates in front of the DVD, skipping, swimming as well as dancing around the house and running up and down the stairs at home when my flatmates are out.

WEEKEND TOP 10
Excuses For Refusing To Exercise (take your pick!)

1. THE WEATHER. Too hot. Too cold. So much rain my moto engine got flooded 50 meters down the street.
2. I HATE GYMS. The gym is too far away. It is too expensive. There are too many mirrors. I think I’m allergic to the treadmill.
3. NO TIME. I have a job. I have a family. I have an appointment with All Saints on TV tonight.
4. HEALTH ISSUES. I’m sick. I was sick. I think I might be getting sick.
5. TOO PREGNANT. I’m due to give birth next week. Triplets.
6. NO STUFF. I don’t have the right shoes. I haven’t worn lycra since 1989. There’s nothing in the sports shop that makes my body look boodilicious.
7. TOO STUFFED. I just had a big meal and have to wait a minimum of 7 hours before exercising to let it digest. I had a few drinks after work. Cadbury called.
8. CULTURAL REASONS. I get heckled if I wear shorts outside. The only culturally appropriate time to exercise is the pre-dawn hour from 4:45-5:45am- I choose sleep.
9. TRAVEL. I’m on a plane to London. I’m on a 36 hour train ride in India. I spend 2 hours sitting on the bus to and from work.
10. NO NEED. I’m naturally skinny & hot. I eat whatever I like and never do anything more strenuous than strut around the city… so why bother?

Any others I've left out?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:36 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Pip, I love all those reasons, but am most prone to use #5... right! Just started walking again regulary, and it feels great!

     
  • At 12:41 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That first comment above was from Ali, by the way! :-)

     
  • At 5:35 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Ali-

    Just thinking of you yesterday. I'm sure that #5 is a vrey common reason...

    btw how is the recuiting for the camp in Thailand going?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home