somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, July 30, 2007

AM Attack!



I was sitting out the front eating breakfast this morning when 2 boys from next door crept across the garden with their plastic guns to ambush me! They were trying to be quiet, but kept laughing and squealing in the excitement of their play. Flashes of bright red and yellow clothing were clearly visible behind shrubs and pillars, even though they tried to hide. Just as they were about to attack, one boy said to the other, 'Your shoes! Take off your shoes!' This was a serious attack.... but the two-foot soldiers couldn't be so rude as to walk up to the entrance of the house with their dirty flip-flops still on their feet!

The boys opened fire and after dying a dozen deaths I backed into the house to find my own weapon. I tried defending myself with an umbrella, a wooden spoon and finally a dirty sneaker... but I was outnumbered. The bullets seemed to go straight through my enemies, while I was getting hit at point blank range. After running around for a while outside, the boys came in to look at books and play with blocks. When it was time to go home they had to be reminded to take their guns. 'And don't forget your shoes!' I called out as they retreated.


2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is SOOOOOO FUNNY!

    I miss those cute little kids next door - always peeping through the little hole in Marys front door, riding their bikes & almost getting run over, not to mention their laughing at the forienger!

     
  • At 10:11 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cool article pip!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home