somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bored

Proverb for the day:

Intelligent people are always open to new ideas. In fact, they look for them. Prov 18:15

Thought for the day:

I've been thinking today about how to live deliberately. Maybe it is my preferred word for when living a "purpose driven life" seems scary and/or too much hard work.

Over the past week I've had a bunch of meetings that I didn't necessarily choose.... they were just a part of my general work responsibilities. And there's nothing wrong with going to some meetings. But last night I wasn't really sure of what to do with myself when I wasn't being pulled from one thing to another. Instead, I just kinda wandered aimlessly from the couch to the fridge to the guitar to the bookshelf to the coffee pot. Bored. And annoyed at myself for being bored.

So today I spent an hour or so thinking about how I can live deliberately. I hope this next week to work productively, exercise, eat good food and make time to study Khmer. I plan to journal, pray and make spaces for interruptions in order to talk with friends and strangers. I'll see how it all goes, but I'm confident that it will be more fun than 5 hours of Wednesday night TV.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:12 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "I'll see how it all goes, but I'm confident that it will be more fun than 5 hours of Wednesday night TV."
    or better than a whole saturday of infomercials! :)
    -kira

     
  • At 12:16 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the idea of plans plus spaces for talking with friends and strangers. Just hope people interrupt you in the spaces you plan!
    Mum

     
  • At 2:28 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Kira.... or watching Australia getting beaten by England in the Rugby World Cup (12-10). By the way, I asked my Khmer friend if there was a word for Rugby in Khmer and she said "hug ball"... ha ha!!

     
  • At 1:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "hug ball"? that's hilarious! i've never heard of that before!
    -kira

     
  • At 10:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what an awesome proverb!!

    18:15. loved it.

    Andrew Eadie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home