somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

sup


Langauge fascinates me. I've been in Australia for almost two weeks and have listened in on many amazing snatches of conversations.
Cool Bananas.
Not on your nelly!
OK Batman, talk to you later.
People actually speak like this! Normal looking people with jobs. Morning commuters on the train. Regular people come out with such weird vocab. I'm enjoying the free entertainment...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 pm , Blogger gretchen said...

    sup pippy! (they don't say crazy words like that in the states ;) So what I have been noticing is the CLOTHES people wear... and NO, i am not talking about "put some clothes on!" which is of course what you might think when you think of Americans such as myself :) It's more the layers and layers of clothes, because it's SO cold here! I saw a group of girls running yesterday in full winter garb... hats, mittens, layers, you name it... and we thought WE were hard core! Everyone wears so many cothes to stay warm, and doesn't let the weather stop them from anything... even outdoor running! I think I'd rather ring out my shirt like I did in PP... :)

     
  • At 1:45 pm , Blogger pip said...

    I'm sure there are some good things about the cold (just can't think of any right now).
    I'm already wearing more clothes than anyone I hang out with... So you can keep your hats and mittens and I will visit in SUMMER!! : )

     
  • At 4:10 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahaha! Yea, people come up with wacky things...language is hilarious.
    -Kira

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home