somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, May 29, 2009

17 minutes

Last night we had another youth meeting at the school where I teach English. The format was much the same as every other month: a few songs, a short prayer, a couple of games, announcements, a message and some time to hang out and eat snacks afterwards. I led a song and shared the message. I preached it up as best as I could for 17 minutes.

For about five hours each week I teach whatever the text book dictates, trying to use as much English as possible in the lessons. When I have the chance to speak in their language about whatever I choose.... I take it.

Sometimes preaching seems like such a weak tool. One chick standing in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans... talking. Words, stories, experiences and life lessons, spoken with every bit of passion that a white girl can muster in a language she still hasn't mastered. Yet, I believe God can (and did) speak through the words. Even though it was only 17 minutes.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:59 pm , Anonymous Omi said...

    You go girl! Love it! God really can use words! Love you & miss you.

    Omi

     
  • At 12:46 pm , Anonymous Andrew said...

    [encourage] Sounds great - keep going! [/encourage]

     
  • At 11:44 pm , Anonymous Marsha said...

    God has been able to use some of my greatest language bloopers to say what HE wanted communicated, for HIS glory. Keep at it! We're proud to know you!

     
  • At 12:03 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks friends! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home