somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday Top 10

Sometimes I read speeches. The other day I read Ronald Reagan's "Tear down this wall!" speech, delivered by the Berlin Wall on June 12, 1987. Very interesting... Alternatively, I just read quotes attributed to people whose speeches I enjoy. Today I offer my Top 10 Winston Churchill quotes:

1. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

2. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

3. I am always ready to listen although I do not always like being taught.

4. If you're going through hell, keep going.

5. If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time- a tremendous whack.

6. The father backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.

7. This is no time for ease and comfort. It is a time to dare and endure.

8. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

9. You have enemies? Good. This means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

10. I like a man who grins when he fights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home