somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Coming back....

I've been on holidays over Khmer New Year. (More about that later...) Coming back I wonder if I've lost some of my ability to cope with the ordinary challenges of life in Poipet. I'm struggling. Catching a cold when it is 37 degrees. Finding worms in the first cup of drinking water I poured after walking through the door. Picking insects out of our sack of rice. Cleaning the balcony bathroom of lizard crap before using the squat toilet.

Yes... it seems that in two weeks I've become a Princess.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, not a princess. Perhaps it is just your sense of normalcy that changed, and now needs to re-adjust.

     
  • At 10:27 am , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks! Very gracious :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home