somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

this wisdom

I need wisdom like this. I get distracted. I'm like the majority... smart people who sometimes do dumb things. So I need grace to live out the principles I know are true.

Wisdom

Leave your simple ways and you will live;
walk in the way of understanding.
When you walk, your path will be clear and open;
and when you run, you shall not stumble.

I'm writing out directions...
I don't want you ending up in blind alleys,
or wasting time making wrong turns.
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord
with all your heart and mind
and do no rely on your own understanding.
Roll your works upon the Lord...
so shall your plans be established and succeed.

Don't assume you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!

Skilled living gets its start in the Fear-of-GOD,
Insight into life from knowing a Holy God.
...Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life;
Mock life and like will mock you.

A good leader motivates,
doesn't mislead, doesn't exploit.
Good leaders cultivate honest speech;
they love advisers who tell them the truth.
When God approves of your life,
even your enemies will end up shaking your hand.

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
For the Lord shall be your confidence, firm and strong,
and shall keep your foot from being caught...

We plan the way we want to live,
but only God makes us able to live it.

(From Proverbs 3;4;9 & 16 in Amplified, NIV & The Message translations.)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 am , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks for these verses in another language than what I'm used to hearing them. I've been quoting Prov.3:5,6 to myself these last few days. Ali x

     
  • At 8:59 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks mate! Always great to hear from you :) xox

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home