somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Power of doing Nothing

It's been a hectic (sometimes chaotic) few weeks. No recent blog posts because I haven't had time to stop. breathe. think. type.

On Tuesday I found myself with no deadlines. I was planning a day of work as usual but somehow couldn't urge my body to do anything. By about 11am I gave up... spent most of the day drinking coffee, eating Tim Tams and watching back to back episodes of bliss... That night I read this text from The Power of Now that seems to justify my choice:

WHEREVER YOU ARE, BE THERE TOTALLY

...Or is there something that you "should" be doing but are not doing it? Get up and do it now. Alternatively, completely accept your inactivity, laziness, or passivity at this moment, if that is your choice. Go into it fully. Enjoy it. Be as lazy or as inactive as you can. If you can go into it fully and consciously, you will soon come out of it.

Be as lazy or as inactive as you can. I like it!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    I get that. Usually I don't enjoy my uni break, coz I get bored, and resent not having anything to do. My brother pointed out what a waste that was, suggesting that it might work better if I accept it; i.e. if you've got nothing to do, accept it and ENJOY it! - Ali

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home