somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

2010 races

It's never a great time to train for a marathon. Stuff like work always seems to get in the way. However, I've signed up for the Gold Coast marathon on July 4 so I need to try to train! (28K yesterday was good. But it still feels like I'm getting ready for a half not a full marathon...)

My goal for 2010 is to race all the main distances from the 5K to an ultra. I will attempt at least one:

55k ultra (ok...done this already in April. Absolutely zero desire to do another ultra in 2010!)
42.2k marathon (Gold Coast, as mentioned, in July. Maybe Singapore too?)
21.1k half marathon (Siem Reap, Cambodia or Chiang Mai, Thailand. December. Going for a sub 1:40.)
10k (Love this distance. Hope to race one in Australia in June.)
5k (I will probably run this distance in Pursat, Cambodia in November.)

Some of my friends have just started running in preparation for the November-December races in Cambodia too. Great to have some friends to run with in some of these events!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 am , Anonymous Omi said...

    Hey Pip - more or less given up on my dream of a marathon...does a marathon in an iron man count???? Looking forward to the Gold Cost!

    I ran 500m without pain for the first time last night. I was stoked!

     
  • At 2:24 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Gold Cost? Ummm... is that coz it is expensive? Hee hee... looking forward to it. Sorry you won't be able to do the 42.2k with me. But YES... running a marathon at the end of a 3.8k swim and a 180k bike DOES count you NUTTER!! ; )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home