somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March

The dawning day, the brand new month was off to an interesting start when I was heckled by a monk who rode past on the back of a moto while I was running. (Seriously nutter- haven't you ever seen a chick exercising before?!)

I got up before dawn to check the weather report. Sydney is expecting a 'scorcher' 36 degrees today. Poipet is meant to reach 36 by 10am, peaking at 41 degrees at around 1pm. It's quite normal for March. Maybe it's just not normal to attempt to be training for a marathon in this weather?! Perhaps the orange-clad dude was just surprised.

Anyway, at least I can retreat to the gym when I sleep in and miss the 5am relative cool. I'm doing better than this marathoner who claims he was kicked out of his Bangkok gym for running too fast and therefore "too loudly"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home