somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grade 6

Yesterday afternoon I was at my local coffee place studying some Grade 6 Khmer texts. A guy came in and bought ice cream for his daughter. They sat at the next table. The guy noticed that I was reading so asked: Are you studying Khmer language?

Me: Yes, I'm reviewing some old lessons.
Him: That's good. Please ask if there are any words you don't understand!
Me: Thanks very much.
Him: Excuse me, do you work for an NGO?
Me: Yes. Our NGO does sport and education here in Poipet.
Him: That's great! Thank you for coming here to help our people.

I didn't say it but later thought, "I'm touched by your words but you should know that it really is a joy!"

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 am , Anonymous Omi said...

    Hey mate. Good to hear you get some encouragement from the locals. That is great. I have been thinking about finding joys in our struggles lately to in my situation... omi xx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home