somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fear of Flooding

Last week one of my friends had a dream. In his vision, the sky was falling around him in a deluge of wind, rain and fury. He dreamt that he cried out to his ancestral gods to save him... but to no avail. Then he cried out to Jesus. Calm was restored. He told us about the dream, slightly embarrassed that his first instinct was to call out to false gods. However, his confident testimony was that Jesus is still King over every calamity.

I'm freaking out over the possibility of flooding this year. There are public holidays next week and our office is closing from Monday to Friday. I want to get away. I need a break. Everything in me is craving time out to do anything but think about work. That's why I fear flooding.

Floods are overwhelming. Yup. Flooding means that I have to walk downstairs to a river running through our office. Flooding means every kind of work we had planned to do gets cancelled. It means that I'm forced to think about the other 100 000 people in this city and how they are trying to handle life in the mud. I feel like I have no idea how to respond. I don't like the switch from sport, education, development to having to think about emergency relief. It's stressful. I know that Jesus is bigger than any disaster. I also hope that this belief isn't tested in the next couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:15 pm , Anonymous Ali said...

    Praying that you get the break you need. x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home