somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Soon September

It's been a while since the Battambang meeting. I looked back through my journal this morning and one line stood out from entries over the past couple of weeks:

Things have come together even though there were moments when I wasn't completely together!

Things have come together for Chanty to take a month out of her regular duties of cleaning, cooking and coaching ping pong to attend a course on cooking and food preparation. Chanty has a place to stay in Phnom Penh with a Cambodian family, a regular moto taxi driver to take her and from class and a work experience opportunity with an Australian who is more than happy for Chanty to try out her new recipes at her house!

Things came together last week for the futsal/ streetball tournament. It was an intense six-days but our team did a fantastic job coordinating the 28 youth & children's teams that joined. We also had some middle distance running races through the week and a Taekwondo demonstration on the final day.

Things came together for filming part of a DVD series in Phnom Penh the weekend before last. (I was being interviewed.) The crew did an amazing job working in the hot, humid early afternoon sunshine. I predict that my short quotes will be edited down to about 22 seconds total screen time. We'll find out early next year...

In a couple of hours Plunge is due to land in Phnom Penh. It's our biggest team in six years of receiving teams in Cambodia (27 people). I'm sure there will be times when it's obvious to them that I don't have it all together and I haven't mastered the Buddhist ideal of being calm and controlled no matter what. There's life in it's uncertainty, mysteriously coming together. And I'm okay with that.


1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Your responsibilities are massive! I keep thinking about how you were still dreaming of possibilities when I visited in 2006. Now those possibilities are your reality!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home