somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, November 04, 2011

smooth











It's Friday. I'm sitting at my desk alone working quietly while the rest of the team has a day off. I wonder how if I'm doing ok at training our staff, letting them do their jobs and giving them time to rest? I hope so.




But what I do know is that they've worked overtime recently. (No extra pay and no complaints from anyone either....) While I was in Thailand, they coordinated the final three days of the Adults' Futsal tournament in Poipet. When I was swimming in the ocean, they were receiving a team of four guests from Australia.


The team had heard some of the buzz words like 'localisation' and 'empowerment'... so I trust that in their first stop in Cambodia they could see something of how this works out when the foreigners can't be in town and the Khmer step up, take over, make decisions and run the show. I asked Pern how he thought it all went? He summed it up in one word, "smooth". (Very cool!)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:08 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's a great example of empowering people in Cambodia - great for your staff, the western visitors and the youth who are being trained in culturally relevant ways. Good on you!
    Mum

     
  • At 9:00 am , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks mum :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home