somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

When I'm 56

I spent four days over the Easter weekend in Hong Kong. It happened to be Sushma's birthday while I was there (b. 1956 = 56 years old in 2012). After breakfast, Rajni and I chatted with Sushma about what she wanted to do on her birthday. High tea? No. Yum Cha? No. A boat ride from Aberdeen to one of the outlying islands? Okay. Not great.. But okay. 


We jumped on a bus but before we reached the pier, the bus stopped in front of Ocean Park. Rajni said, 'Oh! You'd get in free today coz it's your birthday.' Sushma paused, thinking.... Rajni asked directly, 'Do you want to go?' Sushma's face lit up and she said,'Yes!' 


So we spent the day at the amusement park. (And I've posted two amusing photos to prove it.)


I noticed that just across the street from Ocean Park there's a 400m running track. I brought my gear just in case so when R&S enjoyed a late afternoon tea, I ran laps in comfortable 22 degree weather. When I'd finished and changed into street clothes again, Rajni wondered out aloud how long it might take her to run a lap? With both of us in jeans, we discovered it was 3 minutes and 13 seconds. 


I hope that when I'm 56 I am open to discoveries and have fun friends who are willing to hang with me at an amusement park to celebrate another year of life!





2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful!

     
  • At 8:16 pm , Anonymous Damon said...

    That is fantastic.
    Love the photos.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home