somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, May 29, 2006

W.E MOJs

My MOJ for the weekend was visiting the Phnom Penh water park for the first time. The park has a serveral pools & slides for kids of all ages and has been desribed by one short-term team member as "pretty good for a third world theme park!"

The group I was with comprised of 12 people over 20 and 6 young kids (5 years and under).

One of the big kids and I had a great time on the slides- running past the twelve year olds to get to the top first- being laughed at by security guards for our lack of composure- trying various kinds of slide moves and generally outdoing the teenagers in our stupidity.

I also loved playing with some of the little kids. A two year old was a little grieved at the end of the afternoon when play time was up and we had to go home. Her mum told me she was looking around repeating the question, "Where's my Pip? Where's my Pip?" Awww.....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:50 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Pip,

    How cute! Lauren would be very impressed at how much you enjoyed playing with the littlies.. you are in our thoughts and prayers
    Sharyne and Mal

     
  • At 10:06 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, I like the new look blog site!
    Ali

     
  • At 5:08 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks Ali-
    I like it too! (and it only took a couple of minutes to change...wow!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home