somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Last night I set my alarm for 5:40am. This morning I stood at my bedroom window watching the streaks of pink across the dawn sky. I said the word "colour" out aloud and let it resonate in my thinking. Then at 5:50am I jumped into bed again for another half-hour. It was a great start to thanksgiving!

The Christian writer Matthew Henry was once stopped by thieves and robbed of his purse. (Yes, the article said "purse" so I'm writing "purse"... even though these days guys aren't usually spotted carrying a "purse"...) Afterwards, he wrote these words in his diary:

"Let me be thankful first, because I was never robbed before; second, because although they took my purse, they did not take my life; third, because although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home