somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Long time no blog

Long time no blog...One reason for being slack in posting is that work now takes me out of Phnom Penh about once or twice a week.

Even so...I've been more interested in being with people, soaking up life and being involved in what is going on around me lately. I've let the afternoon coffee meeting stretch into dinner. I've stayed for the eight-year-old's birthday party when I had planned to just drop in. I've sat at the kitchen table sipping a Diet Coke and talking for an hour rather than doing some "proper language study". It has been fun!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:20 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's great to take a break from busy-ness. Looking forward to reading your reflections on things you are now soaking up - eventually.

     
  • At 12:34 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's exactly what life should be like.. glad you are making the most of it all over there.

     
  • At 6:57 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks for these lovely comments = )

     
  • At 4:58 am , Blogger Joe said...

    Pip, I was thinking of you the other evening. I went out for a dinner with friends and someone spent half an hour blabbing about their trip to Cambodia. I kept tuning in and out.

    "..... I even swam in the Mekong River..... everyone refused to eat it except for me..... of course I had to use some words in Khmer..... it was really hard to get to but so worth it".

    I didn't comment. I just thought of you and felt kind of smug inside :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home