somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Lost

Last night I was talking with an Australian who teaches Third Grade at a local International School. Recently the class was working on a module themed '"Lost and Found". They were given a writing tasks to create an advertisement or notice for something that had been lost. One girl's response was to write an ad for her mum.

The teacher checked with the student after class, gently questioning, "Is this your story?" The girl said that one day her mother walked out of the house and never came back. Her greatest desire is for her mother to be found.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:59 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    I've been waiting for a post that I can write some sort of meaningful response to but all I can manage for todays is "how sad".

     
  • At 10:45 am , Blogger pip said...

    Hi Scott-
    It is sad. I was thinking of what I could write instead that would be light/ fun/ entertaining but I've heard too many sad stories recently...
    I'm still looking for the MOJ's in amongst the serious stories. Will try to keep you updated on both : )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home