somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, February 25, 2008

25 hugs before breakfast

Yesterday I visited my local church in Sydney. I joined in for the songs, prayers and readings. I sat and listened through the sermon. All of that was OK. But nothing could beat the smiles, hugs and greetings from a group of friends who have known me for over a decade and so quickly forgive a three year absence.

Mum and I had a late breakfast at home afterwards. (Bagels and coffee with melon & blueberries on the side...v good!) The skies were a perfect blue and the air was warm but not too hot. It was a textbook late summer Sunday. Only one thing left to do: run. I stepped suburban paths around Fairlight, Shelly Beach, Manly and Queenscliff and remembered hundreds of times I've walked, cycled...even skateboarded those same pavements. It was fantastic. 25 hugs before breakfast and I feel like I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home