somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, October 20, 2008

treadmill drama

I spent the day chasing down points on my To Do list and stressing myself out. Tonight I needed to do something else so I dodged traffic and pulled up at the centre of Phnom Penh to try out a new gym.

I got on the treadmill, punched in an easy 11.5 to warm up and the machine went nuts! Faster than a speeding bullet at Preh Vihear. Louder than an International border dispute. My legs just couldn't turn over that fast. A message scrolled across the screen that read something like, "It is not recommended that you attempt this speed." Ha! Ha! But I wasn't trying to be a hero- the machine was manic!

I dropped the number and was still struggling. When the decreasing digits hit the 8's I was annoyed. The staff rep at reception boasted that these machines were new. How could they be so far out? She specifically told me they bought them new from America. And then I got it.... I was trying to run at 11.5 miles per hour. (18.5 k's) So Totally Definitely Not recommended!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    nice visual pic of you on a manic machine, thanks for making me laugh!

    love and a hug

    Deb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home