somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Taekwondo

We are partnering with a group to see Taekwondo classes start in Poipet. This is totally new for me. I'm on the web doing prep so that I can at least have a conversation with the partner NGO, Khmer instructor and potential students. (Talk the talk even if I can't kick the kick...)

One of my questions today is about out target group(s). Who is this for? Street kids? Unemployed youth? Young women? High school students? Tiger Cho's Taekwondo Center in Oklahoma explains that their lessons are: "dynamic and challenging for people who are athletic, energetic, awkward, shy, bold, nice, or out of shape." Well... I guess that pretty much covers it?! (Maybe I don't have to make it so complicated to start with?!?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home