somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

more Talk About Running

Over New Year I read What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami. This bit sums it up for me:

I'm often asked what I think about as I run. Usually the people who ask me this have never run long distances themselves. I always ponder the question. What do I think about when I think about running? I don't have a clue.

On cold days I guess I think a little about how cold it is. And about the heat on hot days. When I'm sad I think a little about sadness. When I'm happy I think a little about happiness. ...But really as I run, I don't think much of anything worth mentioning. I just run.

...All I do is keep on running in my own, cozy, homemade void, my nostalgic silence. And this is a pretty wonderful thing. No matter what anyone else says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home