somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

weekend




Last weekend some of my friends and I went to a fundraiser for a local Primary School. We were there to add prestige to the event (and probably because we were likely to be able to put more than a couple of dollars into the donation envelopes).
I met some people, gave my donation, sat through the formalities, chatted with some Grade 5 students, talked with a couple of parents, ate some noodles, drank half a can of Coke, said goodbye and went home. I didn't really mind that I was invited more for my prominent nose, rather than the fact that I've become a prominent community member in only 9 months.... It was just good to be there.
Hopefully Hun Sen Primary School has enough funds to raise the floor of their building above the flood level so that students can return to class again. I'm waiting on news for Part 2 of this story....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home