somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, July 10, 2009

compliments

Friday afternoon English class. I'm pretty much cream-crackered after two hectic weeks so....

Today we ditched the textbook and did what a couple of members of the class requested a few days ago- we sang Christmas songs (why not...it's July?!). We did We Wish You A Merry Christmas for an easy song and Away In A Manger for a challenge. I brought a guitar so we sang more or less in tune as we did our best to annoy the class next door that often disturbs us with their LOUD rote learning ; )

At the end of the 1 hour lesson one student declared in front of the rest of the group, "Excuse me, teacher Pip, I just want to say: You sing just like Beyonce." Haha! Love it! I don't even CARE if he was just sucking up to me coz I'm his teacher. This one compliment will carry me through the weekend...

4 Comments:

  • At 3:59 pm , Blogger allan41 said...

    Beyonce who?

     
  • At 1:47 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Beyoncé Giselle Knowles... aka Beyonce...American R&B/ Pop singer... (does the group Destiny's Child ring any bells?). Anyway, google her if you're still in the dark!!

     
  • At 11:08 am , Blogger Allan said...

    Oh, _that_ Beyonce! :-)

     
  • At 7:33 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cream-crackered? I think I can guess the meaning, but that's the first time I've heard it! Hope you recover well...
    Ali ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home