somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, June 15, 2009

21 days

I once heard it takes 21 days to replace one habit with a newer, better one? Now I'm attempting 21 days of working out for 1 hour or more per day. Today is Day 8.

Run. Swim. Bike. Gym. Pilates. Weights. Whatever.... just as long as it's over 60 minutes of physical activity. The goal is to build fitness after a couple of slack months. Yesterday was the best day so far. I did a 1hr 20 Sunday morning run. It was slow, hard and wonderful.

No real reason for me to write more about my 21 day goal. Just wanted to blog so I will be publicly shamed if I quit at day 9.... ; )

3 Comments:

  • At 12:21 pm , Anonymous Omi said...

    Go Pip GO!!!!

     
  • At 11:19 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice work Pip. Your routine puts me to shame!!

    I am running in city to surf again this yr... trying to beat last yr's time of 67mins20sec!
    Aiming for low 60's this year. Its a 14km run. If you're in Sydney around then (9 Aug) you should go in it!
    Andrew E

     
  • At 1:32 pm , Blogger Lisa said...

    I think it is official. You are a gym junkie.

    But thanks for cheering me on this morning. The last km was for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home