somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Roxannes Motto

Yesterday Malis and I came back from a 4.5 day trip to Phnom Penh. We brought back:

  • my passport with a new 6 month visa
  • a desktop computer
  • books and teaching resources
  • a box of donated kitchen items (toaster, frypan etc.)
  • 4 packages posted from family and friends over the past couple of months
  • AND a 2-month volunteer!

Roxanne rode up with us wearing a T-shirt that had the word ARMY on the front. It wasn't until we arrived home that I read the back:

I am a soldier of Christ
I will do whatever I can
whenever I can.

Very cool! Roxanne's first assignment in her Poipet tour of duty has been to clean! This morning she helped me with the water tank. Roxanne carried buckets of water out as we emptied the tank and handed in brooms, brushes and bleach... all with a smile on her face. She's already showing her "whatever I can, wherever I can" attitude and I am thankful for the extra set of willing hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home