somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween



Halloween hasn't really hit Poipet. I don't have to worry about what to wear if I get invited to a Halloween party.... should I go with something "traditional", find a "Christian" alternative or skip the party altogether? I don't have to respond to kids knocking on the door. Should I give them lollies or a healthy alternative? An apple or a snack size bag of nuts perhaps? Or is this still supporting the celebration of evil? One blog suggests handing out bible tracts along with candy but I'm not sure I could pull it off. Finally, I don't have to decided whether I will eat Halloween sweets or abstain. I read another blog in which Kimberly Daniels writes:

Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.


No worries. There is no such thing as Halloween candy for sale at my local market. So.... this year I don't need to have an opinion about whether to celebrate Halloween or become part of the Christian War against it. Phew! One less thing to think about ; )

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 am , Blogger gretchen said...

    the little boy and girl are holding hands...
    does this mean they are dating?! or just a brother and sister who love each other?
    (ok i couldn't help it ;)
    those costumes... i won't even get started.

     
  • At 2:08 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    I find it's pretty easy to ignore, even here. I wouldn't like to have to take sides either, or state what my position is... Seems all a bit random to me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home