somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phoeurn starts tomorrow

Phoeurn is our new teacher/ translator. He will be working 30 hours a week, starting at 7:30am tomorrow. Phoeurn helped on a casual basis for 2 weeks in December-January when we had teams, sports camp and a whole bunch going on. He showed himself to be trustworthy, responsible, helpful and highly capable. In short: a valuable employee. I wanted him to come and work with us but I wasn't sure it was the right time so I didn't say anything.

Recently, Phoeurn called and asked if he could stop by for some help. I said no problem. He sat down in the office and asked me to check a cover letter he'd written to apply for a job with an NGO. I wanted him to apply for a job with us not them. But, again, I didn't say anything. I printed some info I found online, asked a hundred questions, gave a few tips about landing a job and read through his cover letter. A few days later Phoeurn sent me a message to say thanks for my help and to tell me he wasn't applying for the job because he didn't have the experience the position required. Immediately, I sent a text back: Well maybe you can come and work for us instead?!

Phoeurn starts tomorrow... and I'm glad I got to read his cover letter first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home