somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Study At Home








Thanks for the comments & emails of encouragement about this activity! All but three of the families came to collect their resource packs this morning. The parents, grandparents and uncles brought the information brochures with them and some crammed before the interview/ text. (They all passed!)
Panin's mum was first in line and she quoted the five points perfectly. One mother changed the wording from being general points to "I will" statements. She sat before us, tears welling up in her eyes, saying, "I will motivate my child to go to school. I will ask them about their studies. I will help my child to study at home. I will praise and encourage them. I will visit my child's school." Wow!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:15 pm , Blogger gretchen said...

    this is all so amazing ;) i love it

     
  • At 5:20 am , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks!: )

     
  • At 5:33 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so encouraged!!!! What a fantastic idea!!! So glad to hear that the preschool is doing so well. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you and the team :). Love Mitch & Alyssa

     
  • At 9:39 pm , Blogger pip said...

    thanks M&A! : )

     
  • At 2:20 am , Anonymous Char said...

    this is very cool to go into their homes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home