somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

U17s Stories

















Two stories from U17s players. They're not dramatic life-changing or life-saving testimonies. Life-enhancing? Maybe. If so, that ok with me.

MAO PISETH: (First photo.)

My name is Piseth. I'm 17 years old and I play with team Christian. I study in Grade 9 at Kilo 4 Lower Secondary School. Most of our team study together. It's good to have this league because we don't have opportunities to play organised sport at our school. There's no playing field, no sports teacher and no competitions with other schools. Our team just started playing in the league this year. I like to play goalie. Why? Honestly, the reason I first played goalie is because I like sport but I'm not very good at football! But I think it helps that I'm tall. I think I've improved my skills as a goalie through training and playing in the last few months.

HUONG KIM HUA: (Centre, yellow jersey.)

I play for First Kick in the Under 17s division. I joined this team because I like to play football. I don't study with any of my team mates. I've had to stop studying. Now I sell cakes. Football is the only thing I do in my free time. I don't have time for any other hobbies because I'm busy selling the whole day. Football is very important to me because it's the one time I can relax and play sport with my friends. This is the first time I've ever been part of a sports team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home