somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lost: God

When was the last time you were sitting in your favourite coffee place and a stranger walked over to ask if you could help his search for God? Yeah.. I know.. this doesn't so much happen on a regular basis but it did happen to me last night. I don't think I have any special, holy glow about me so it was kinda cool that a Cambodian guy in his late twenties would sit down with his hot drink and doughnut to talk faith.

I discovered that he's been working in Poipet for almost a year and decided just last week that he wanted to know God. The Christian God. 'Dy' asked around and a friend of a friend of a friend thought he knew of a church in Poipet. On Saturday he went looking for the church but couldn't find it. When he saw me in the coffee shop he decided to take a punt. Do you speak Khmer? Do you mind if I sit down? Are you a Christian? Great! Because I want to find God.

Anyway, an hour later we had talked about life, religion, sport, work, Jesus, the bible and etc. We exchanged numbers and I will give Dy a bible and information about local bible study groups and church services. The funny thing was that Dy also asked if I get many strangers asking me similar kinds of questions? Umm...not so much.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:23 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's so cool. Just another random (or wonderfully orchestrated) act of God. Really glad you are in Poipet to use those moments.
    Mum

     
  • At 10:30 am , Anonymous Jessica Letchford said...

    Wow, that's amazing! It's an adrenaline rush for me when I get to talk to someone about sorts of things, especially about God and what he has to say about those things!

     
  • At 7:32 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Awesome! Bless you for being available. ;)

     
  • At 6:37 pm , Anonymous Omi said...

    Love it xx

     
  • At 9:22 am , Blogger pip said...

    Update: met Dy yesterday and gave him a bible. I'll meet him on Sunday morning to take Dy to church.

     
  • At 5:16 am , Blogger gretchen said...

    so I haven't kept up on reading blogs lately.... this is SO AWESOME! way to go, girl. LOVE that God uses you the way He does. it is beautiful! xo

     
  • At 5:32 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great opportunity. Not many of us ever get that "Dear sir, what must I do to be saved?" moment. Praying it turns out well for DY.
    from Robyn K.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home