somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Secret Tabloid Headline Obsession




Snap Poll: How many of us have a curious appetite for Woman's Day headlines? Sure, it might not be the kind of literature we studied in High School, but you have to admit that some trash mag headlines are awesome!


A quick check of freebie goss from WD reveals these 'True Confessions':

I rigged the Easter raffle.

I still check my ex's emails.


Top WD Celebrity stories include:

Angelina bans her boys from eating bugs.

Kate's not too thin: The palace hits back at anorexia claims.


Okay.. so the bar has been set high. But I gotta say, I write my own tabloid headings for the things that happen in my everyday life! I don't know why. I guess I just enjoy musing on how simple events can be communicated in scandalous ways?! Anyway, here's one:


Imprisoned & Left with less than a Dollar!


The stories behind this headline [much more dull]: I visited a drug detention centre. After saying formal goodbye's to the government officials and supervisors I went to the gate only to remember that I was actually in a secure facility. So I had to turn around and ask the guard to let me leave. Oh yeah, and the other day I went to get coffee but I forgot my wallet and had less than a dollar in coin. So I drank my morning coffee with a promise that I'd come back later in the day.


So..anything exciting going on in your life at the moment? (If not, make it up!) What's your tabloid heading?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:25 am , Blogger Kira said...

    so silly.

     
  • At 9:53 am , Blogger gretchen said...

    If you're reading Woman's Day, I think I need to get you some new magazines.... (or better yet, books!) yikes! but glad it can make you smile ;)

     
  • At 8:43 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks for the comments! Silly? Yep! Do I actually read the articles or did I just grab some headlines from the web.. Up to you to decide on this one!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home