somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Super Birthday












Yesterday Katey sent a text from Hong Kong, 'Hope you've had a super day with all your new friends...' In reply I let her know that some of the friends who shared my birthday lunch were so new, in fact, that I didn't yet know their names!


Yesterday, a team from Australia came for an 'Experience Poipet in 6.5 Hours' tour. In addition, one of our Khmer staff had a relative visiting from her home province. As we sat around the table and I tried to introduce everyone, I realised that it was probably quite indicative of my life that I was sharing a birthday meal with old and new friends from both Cambodia and Australia.



Gretchen came to visit in the evening with this awesome cake (fun & delicious)! More messages, phone calls and emails into the night left me feeling known, remembered, valued. Thank you : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home