somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, January 09, 2012

Old and New

Looking back I counted 11 races in 2011! This included:

1 x full marathon. With poor training and okay health, I finished in the Khon Kaen marathon in 3:59.
1 x 100km bike race. My first attempted at a bike race and I needed to pull out at 75km after two punctures. A little disappointing...
1 x triathlon. I did the amazing Laguna Phuket tri: 1.8km/ 55km/12km. I'd say this was my most challenging event of the year and I was stoked to finish in just over 4 hours.
3 x half marathons. Including one trail half. A highlight was taking a few seconds off my personal best for a new PB in October of 1:40:15.
5 x short races. I also did four 10km races and an 8km race. My best result was coming first in the 8km in Phnom Penh in June. However, my best time was in Pursat when I ran the 10km in 46 minutes and picked up third.

Now I should really try for 12 races in 2012?! I'm hoping to do 2-3 triathlons, at least one marathon and a bunch of shorter races. Here's to a year of good health, good training and good fun!

165 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home