somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The laundry crisis

It was before the start of our usual work day. In our 'home upstairs, office downstairs' arrangement it was unusual for me to be approached in my bedroom at that time of the morning. However, two of our female team mates burst in saying, 'big sister..' and telling me about the latest problem that needed my urgent attention. I was standing in my pajamas, folding laundry.

I was happy in my pajamas. I was enjoying folding laundry and thinking about no greater problem that to which draw each item belonged. Their issue, however, was important so I said, 'I have to leave the house in just over twenty minutes. Can you give me ten minutes to sort out myself and my stuff... and I will come down?' The elder of the two quickly replied, 'Yes, you can get dressed, but I can deal with this...' (pointing to the pile of laundry and unmade bed in front of her).

I quickly changed and came up with three point plan to address this morning's latest crisis. Then I left town. Watching the rice fields speed past, I realised that sometimes I like folding laundry. I miss taking my moto to get washed, buying fresh food at the market and a bunch of other chores that I don't do these days because there are people to do them for me. They fix my stuff and I'm supposed to fix the problems. Sometimes laundry is easier.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:12 pm , Anonymous Ali said...

    Been meaning to say... I totally get that. Totally get that you would miss the old days, when things were simpler and there was less responsibility! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home