somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

huh?

Why is there a link on my blog to some dating site I have never heard of before? Anyone know how I can get rid of it? (I'm pretty clueless in dealing with these things!?!)

Anyway, just a short blog today. My brother Scott made a comment of how jealous he was about me spending week in the countyside in Cambodia. I guess if you are feeling stressed and pressured by work, family, mortages, unemployment, underemployment, study, credit card debt or whatever... going to just about any village in this country is going to feel like you have arrived on another planet.

My visit was, in some ways, very easy. But Scott, spare a thought for the moments when:
- 'Dad' buy a new car two days before we are about to go and teaches himself to drive on the main national highway as we go.
- We listen to the same CD on the national highway for over 3 hours...
- I sit in the back seat with three other people and a dog.
- I'm in the village and I can understand enough Khmai to know that a group of people are talking about & laughing about my language mistakes but I still don't understand enough language to figure out what I said incorrectly.
- I want to go out for a walk but it is not suitable for me to go by myself and nobody wants to take me.
- I help to prepare a feast for the biggest night of the New Year festival but when the time comes to eat and when everyone is allocated different groups to sit with (based on age and rank in the village) I'm put in a room to eat by myself (with a fan- so I think the whole thing was supposed to be a compliment but I felt soooo lonely!).

That's all for today. I'm not grumbling... just trying to fill you in a bit more on different aspects of the NY break. Living here is a package deal.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 pm , Blogger pip said...

    thanks beautiful :)miss you too. your comment makes me want to keep blogging- to try to be honest about the highs and the lows and perhaps to write something this Sunday... love ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home