somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Home For The Holidays

A number of people have already asked me if I have plans for Christmas. A couple have expressed their heartfelt sympathies that I will need to spend the holiday by myself, terribly alone, suffering the incomparable burden of being separated from family and friends for what could have been a potentially pleasant- even joyful- season. To restore some kind of balance to, it was good to see a wall hanging yesterday that read, "Cambodia- Home For The Holidays."

While I don't yet have any plans for December 25, I am reading through the advent readings for the four weeks leading up to Christmas day. Each week I'm attempting to write a reflection based on the readings and put the words into picture form by making a collage to go with it.

Here's my first reflection from Sunday, November 27.

Break In (From Isaiah 64:1-9)

Oh God, I long for you to
break in
burst forth
come down.
You are the God who works for those
who wait for you.
Yet I am constant
in my inconsistency.
Good ideas and best intentions
Brittle brown like autumn leaves crack.
Turn me again to yourself.
Look at me.
Come down.
Burst forth.
Break in.



1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    heehee and i thought i was being so original today when i asked yu what your plans were for christmas!!! i guess iit's a bit of a standard question this time of year. i'm glad i wasn't one of the ones to offer heart felt sympathy. funny how the thought didn't even enter my head. truth be told I think you're gonna have an awesome Christmas and I think you 'll have fun whatever you end up doing... you always do! but i'm sure you'll be missed back in Oz too!

    your reflection blessed me. thanks for sharing.

    Ruah Xx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home