somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

International Women's Day

International Women's Day is a public holiday in Cambodia. I exercised my right to sleep in this morning and my right to have a nap after lunch. Actually, despite the fact that it is now 6pm, I feel as though I haven't really woken up all day. I blame it on a cold/ fever that has been hanging around for the past week.

I was hoping to do a bit of research on this day about women's issues...starting with seeing how Cambodia is doing on the MDG's (Millennium Development Goals)... especially goal 8:

Promote gender equality and empower women:
* Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education preferaably by 2005, and at all levels by 2015

But at this stage I am having some troublems tying to spell words like Millennium. Maybe another time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home