somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

An Unwelcome Gift

The other day I was cruising down a city street in Phnom Penh when I was the recipient of an unwelcome gift. A guy riding in front of me decided he needed to blow his nose. His choice? The natural way. At 40km/h he turned his head over his right shoulder and blew. Although it seemed to happen in slow motion I was somehow paralysed to respond. I saw the brilliant spray backlit by the mid-morning sun. I felt the droplets splash over my cheek, nose and lips. I realised that a couple of globs of mucus had landed with the liquid spray. As I wiped my face on my sleeve I wanted to scream, “Ban the bushie’s blow!”

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    shoulda been wearing a helmet. lol! Ali

     
  • At 6:43 pm , Blogger Joe said...

    Doing a bushie's blow on a scooter must be quite a talent!

     
  • At 3:59 pm , Blogger pip said...

    True Ali!
    Yes Joe... I'm sure it wasn't the first time this guy has done it.

     
  • At 1:55 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's one way to pick up flu germs!

    Mum

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home