somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Two Tips

Last night I read a beautiful article by Denise Ackerman on prayer. The text was short and so lovely I had the feeling I was casually looting diamonds from an open field. After reading the article, I prayed.

Today I simply want to invite you to do the same. My words will be few and far from poetic. I'll just give two simple points of advice. I'm not trying to convert you, but if you do believe in God maybe you will risk the idea that this same God would love to spend a few minutes with you sometime today. Someone I've never met called Bernard Haring said, "Love desires to be loved." So God listens and God speaks. So God woos us without end. So God loves both our raw pleas and our silent companionship in prayer.

If you haven't prayed today (or in ages...) here are two tips:

1. Pray as you can, don't pray as you can't. Don't worry too much about what you think prayer is supposed to be. Pray and see what happens.

2. Words and words and words aren't so important. You don't have to use religious words. (God has even heard the "swear" ones before.) Prayers don't have to be spoken to be real. Pray silently if you want to.

That's all for today. The invitation is out- you are so welcome to pray.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    could you post a copy of the article? :)
    -kira

     
  • At 10:48 am , Blogger pip said...

    I will see if i can email it to you... (Right now I just have a hard copy in a chunky paper folder.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home