somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Saturday night Special

Last night I stayed home to make vegetable stock. I know. Saturday night. Not cool. But I'm staying with a friend while I look for a new place. She's got a kitchen with all the essential kitchen stuff. She has a fridge. She has a gas cooker. And....bonus for me...she doesn't really like cooking!

This week we will sample dishes from across the continents. I've already written a daily menu plan and stuck it to the fridge. I've never been so prepared. (I don't think I've ever made stock.) But it feels good to be a stock-maker. Slow food. Real food. People to eat with. All worth giving up a Saturday night for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home